Hearing problem detection
Here is a questionnaire designed to sensitize you to a possible hearing problem. You simply answer the following questions, and there will be “yes”, there are more chances that you have a hearing problem.
- Do you have trouble maintaining a conversation in a restaurant or at a social evening when traffic is present?
- Does the same problem happen in a car?
- Do you often ask people to repeat themselves or speak up
- Do you ever he, on occasion, have to listen to the caller to hear better?
- Your family complains that TV is too loud?
- Do you have trouble hearing the voices of children, birds or cicadas cry?
- Do you feel that people are mumbling or not speaking clearly?
- Your ears are buzzing occasionally?
- Have you worked for a minimum of 3 years in a noisy environment?
- Do you have difficulty understanding people in a church or theater?
What to do if you think you have a hearing problem?
It is important not to trivialize our doubts since the problem and is likely to worsen and adaptation to hearing aids will be even more difficult. When sensory deprivation is installed, the brain is accustomed to hearing with hearing loss, so adaptation will be more difficult with hearing aids, because people will have to get used to the sound environment.
So if you think you have a hearing problem, we strongly recommend that you talk to a hearing professional, an audiologist or an ear specialist. These specialists can explain the subsequent steps to evaluate your hearing.
Clinique auditive Laniel offer a screening test for FREE and without obligation. This test is not a complete assessment but wants a basic review to check the sharpness of your ears. The results in hand, we will be able to confirm or deny your suspicions and explain, if necessary, the road to obtaining hearing aids and therefore, better quality of life.
Types of customers
Contrary to popular belief, people of all age groups to wear hearing aids. In fact, there is no minimum age required to wear hearing aids, whether for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly. Hearing aids are comparable to the age where glasses any item. It is also important to adjust devices for young children with hearing loss, since waiting for a consultation may lead to problems with speech development. A deaf child, not wearing hearing aids, will have more difficulty hearing, so to learn, which can cause a progressive delay.
In addition, minimizing the hearing problem, people will have more difficulty adapting to the aids. Several factors explain this adjustment problems; the patient’s age, the degree of hearing loss, reduced flexibility, etc.
- Currently our youngest customer has sailed three months and which one is the oldest is 105 years.
- One in three, 65 or more years, demonstrates a hearing problem.
- One in two, aged 75 and over, has a hearing problem.
- More than 700 000 people are hearing impaired in Quebec alone, equivalent to 1 in 10 people (several million are in America).